502 E. Howard St. Bellefonte, PA 16823-2128 | 814-355-6777
The Auxiliary began in the summer of 1963 when the Administrator contacted the Bellefonte Council of Church Women to provide volunteers to serve at the reception desk on Sunday afternoons. The church women set up a Sunday afternoon schedule and then asked if there were other tasks for volunteers to perform. The result was a meeting of representatives of 25 civic and church organizations at which time it was decided to form an Auxiliary at Centre Crest.
Past and current Auxiliary members have given their time, talent and love to the residents while impacting their quality of life over the span of 50 years. Some of the highlights include purchases of wheelchairs and pianos, resident equipment, supplies and manpower for the beauty parlor which allows residents to receive parlor services at no cost, sustaining the ceramic program, the creation of three garden areas and the establishment of the comfort and love group where volunteers provide comfort to the residents in the final stages of their lives as well as support to their families.
Volunteers are needed at Centre Crest to provide care and services that are only offered through the most valuable asset of time given by volunteers. Volunteers become an integral part of our team and work closely with staff to enhance the quality of life for our residents. Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week. Orientation and training are provided.
No talent or experience is greater than the desire to help and the capacity to care.
In addition to possessing the qualities of being compassionate, flexible and patient, the following are mandatory.
- Each volunteer that has contact with the residents is required to complete a two-step TST (TB) test. This testing is provided free of charge with no appointment necessary at Centre Crest and is a two-week process.
- A volunteer orientation with the volunteer is required. An appointment is necessary.
- Two references are required at the time of the orientation.
- Orientation and training is provided.
- Junior volunteers (under the age of eighteen) must have a parental consent form signed.
- Criminal Background Check
Volunteer Auxiliary at Centre Crest
For more information, please call 814-355-6777
- Comfort and Love Volunteer
- Friendly Visitor Program Leader
- Centre Crest is a Retired Senior Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P.) Station.
- Centre Crest is an approved outreach and education site for the Centre County Master Gardener program.
- The Centre Crest Auxiliary is a United Way funded and all volunteer organization.
- Student hours are available.
- Junior volunteers under the age of twelve must have a parent/guardian on the premises when volunteering.
- For college interns, we offer an outstanding internship program with one of our Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
For more information, please complete our contact form,
or call Carol Little, Auxiliary President at 814 234-6259
*Are you over 18? If you are under 18 we require parental consent.
Please tell us how you would like to help.
© 2018 Centre Care Inc. d/b/a Centre Crest. | All rights reserved.